Information We Collect
- Volunteered If you register, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect the information you provide. The specific types of information we collect depend on what information you give us but can obviously include your name, email address, other contact information, demographic information, and billing information.
- Results We collect the results of all assessments run using our Services. Individual participants registration information will be stored in a manner that is associated with their results.
- Posts We may offer the ability to post content that is visible to third parties, on our site or through an app. Any content you post may be collected and used by anyone, including Globalyceum. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The short answer is that we generally use this information to provide you with better service and to communicate results of assessments to your instructor. Among other things, the information we collect can enable us to:
- provide you with Services and validate your user rights.
- contact and communicate with you.
- report the results of assessments to your instructor.
- customize the content you see.
- Sharing Information
- Results The results of assessments will be reported to your instructor.
- Volunteered Information In limited circumstances, we may give third parties information you have provided to us (e.g., your name and email address). For example:
- We may share this information during due diligence or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- Your information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with relevant information about us, services purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
- Automated Information We may freely share any information we collect by automated means with third parties, such as clients, advertisers, sponsors and business partners, for our benefit and/or for their own use.
In addition, the Services may be integrated with and/or contain links to third party websites and content. Globalyceum does not control these websites and/or content and these third parties privacy policies may be different from our own. You access linked websites or third party content at your own risk.
Any information collected by Globalyceum is stored using standard security procedures and practices that we believe are appropriate to the nature of the information. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result, Globalyceum cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that Globalyceum processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the Shine the Light Law, any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify that you want a California Privacy Rights Notice. Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com.